Nintendo have released an updated installer for Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector. I can’t see any changes from the previous driver, even the release notes are the same. What’s more strange, 1.06 was labelled “Final” and both versions link to the same file.
It’s very strange. See for yourself in the documentation.
Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector Driver Installation Program Readme
(C) Nintendo Co., Ltd.
This is version 1.06 of the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector Driver Installation Program.
This version is compatible with Windows XP and Vista.
Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector version 1.06 – Install Instructions
! You MUST uninstall any previous versions of the software.
! You MUST have the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector plugged in during the uninstall.
1. The uninstall can be found in your Programs list in the “Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector” folder.
2. Run the “Uninstall Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector Registration Tool” click OK.
3. If the software prompts you to insert the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector, please ensure the connector is inserted into the USB port it was inserted into during the installation process.
4. The software will ask you to restart your PC, click “Restart.”
5. Remove the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector.
6. Open the NintendoWiFiUSB106 folder where you found these
Instructions, and open the NintendoWFCReg folder. Run the Setup.exe file found there.
For complete setup instructions:
For troubleshooting, go to:
This version features the following upgrades/corrections from version 1.05:
1. Reduction of CPU load when the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector is not connected.
2. Changes to certain registration tool message displays.
3. Added Windows Vista compatibility.
4. Change to specification that requires the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector to be attached when uninstalling.