This download contains the Creative MediaSource™ 5 Player/Organizer application for Microsoft® Windows Vista® and Windows® XP. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
Creative MediaSource 5 Player/Organizer enables you to manage your entire digital music collection on both your computer and your Creative portable music player effortlessly.
Added Features or Enhancements:
- Added support for reading/writing MP4 and M4A file tags
- Added support for playing MPEG1 Layer 2 files
- Modified the “Fast Forward” and “Rewind” buttons on the Remote Control to jump 10 seconds on each press.
- Modified the application to always use the recording device set in Windows Volume Control Panel when recording. (for Windows XP only)
Resolves the following issues:
- Corrupted display text in the selection box of Audio Cleanup if the name is too long (for Windows Vista only).
- Recording source shown in application is not updated after changing it in the Audio Cleanup window (for Windows Vista only).
- Auto Recording Volume Limiter (ARVL) not working properly (for Windows Vista only).
- Application crash on some systems when handling files with empty ID3 tag attributes.
- Application crash when launched in Player mode and immediately switching to Organizer mode.
- Application crash when playing a MIDI file with the .midi extension.
- Application crash when trying to play a media file located on an MP3 device.
- Application crash after deleting a playlist which appears in both the PC Music Library’s left and right panel.
- Application hang when right-clicking on an MPEG or DAT file to display the file properties.
- Application hang when clicking the “Next” button or playing a FLAC file and jumping to any part of the track.
- Music Analyzer hang after completing its task.
- Video window not appearing when playing an MPEG file immediately after a MIDI file.
- Video window not appearing when playing media from a playlist containing alternate audio and video files.
- Error message prompt when playing a list of WAV files with different formats while Beatmatching is enabled.
- Error playing Audio CD when Time Scaling is enabled with scaling factor set to more than one.
- Playback stuck at the end of an MPEG, AVI or DAT file for a long time when Time Scaling is enabled.
- Playback stuck after jumping to the end of an MP3 file while Time Scaling/Audio Cleanup feature is turned on.
- File cannot be deleted after playing it.
- Not able to jump to another part of the track before starting playback.
- Track duration not accurately displayed for certain MP3 files with variable bitrates.
- Corrupted display text after changing the OS language.
- “Rec” button on the Remote Control not working.
- Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004/2005
- Microsoft DirectX® 9.0 or later (download the latest DirectX installation file here)
- Creative Sound Blaster® audio product
- To install the file
- Download the CMS5_PCAPP_LB_5_20_23.exe file onto your local hard disk.
- Close all other Windows applications.
- Double-click the downloaded file.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Download: Creative File Area