Supports any model of the following Sound Blaster cards (based on Emu10kx DSP):
- Audigy 2
- Audigy 2 ZS
- Audigy 4
Operating systems supported: 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 7 RTM / Vista SP2 / XP SP3
Included in the pack:
- Audigy series driver 2.18.0011.6
- ALchemy 1.30.00
- Audio Console 1.31.10
- DDL License Activation 1.00.04 (*)
- Dolby Digital Live Pack 3.00.03 (*)
- EAX Console 3.00.56 (Windows XP only)
- Graphic Equalizer 2.00.65
- MediaSource DVD-Audio Player 2.00.78
- SoundFont Bank Manager 3.21.00
- Speaker Settings 2.00.60
Fixes and improvements:
- Workarounds a bug that unexpectedly resets the speaker configuration.
- Prevents an issue during installation on Windows 7/Vista that may result in low volume when certain enhancements are enabled.
- Really improves CMSS Headphone experience.
- Dolby Digital Live works on Windows 7.
- Updates all InstallShield setup scripts to support Windows 7.
- Fixes installation INI to properly install applications depending on the detected OS.
- Removes COM workaround for Equalizer, fixed by Creative.
- Adds workaround to a memory corruption issue preventing Equalizer from starting on Windows 7/Vista.
- Updates shared modules, responsiveness on certain applications is improved.
- Enables CMSS2 and Stereo Surround.
- Fixes 32-bit ASIO not working on Windows 7 x64.
- Fixes Encoder not available on Windows 7 x64 (related to fix above).
- Modifies default format on Windows 7 / Vista to 24-bit, 48kHz.
- Properly adds support for 64-bit OpenAL and 64-bit ASIO.
- Sets default speaker setting to 5.1 to properly reset configs to their defaults during install (fixes Bass and Treble leves not set to 50% on Windows 7 / Vista).
Undocumented fixes by Creative (not listed in the release notes):
- Fixes Equalizer Out of Memory error.
- Fixes Equalizer settings being lost on Windows 7 / Vista when speaker configuration is changed.
- Fixes low volume on Windows 7 / Vista when default format is set to anything higher than 16-bit, 48kHz.
- Fixes MIDI instruments in Melodic Pool not playing when speaker setting is higher than 2.1 speakers.
- Restores missing Microphone option in Surround Mixer (documented).
- Fixes Microphone mute, volume and 20db boost controls.
Windows Security warning during driver installation
When prompted with: \”Windows can\’t verify the publisher of this driver software\”, choose \”Install this driver software anyway\”.
OpenAL 2D benchmark in RightMark 3DSound crashes your system
Due to a driver bug, your system will crash if you run the OpenAL 2D benchmark using 63 buffers. No problem With 62 or fewer buffers. OpenAL 3D and OpenAL 3D EAX benchmarks are not affected.
Details: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (0x000000D1) – ctoss2k.sys
MediaSource DVD-Audio Player system requirements
- 32-bit edition of Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- any Audigy 2, Audigy 2 ZS or Audigy 4 card
Built-in Decoder on Windows 7 / Vista (requires Service Pack 1)
To use the built-in decoder, make sure it is enabled in Audio Console.
Select \”SPDIF Out (Creative SB Audigy (WDM))\” as the output device of your player and then configure the AC3/DTS filter to send the stream through SPDIF.
When you restart your computer, the Tone settings (Bass and Treble) are not applied.
Just readjust one of the controls one time per boot.
Advanced EQ and Special FX not available on Windows 7 / Vista
These presets don\’t work on Windows 7 / Vista.
There is no sound in games with OpenAL support on Windows XP
Disable Advanced EQ and Special FX selecting \”No effect\” before running the game or program.
Equalizer settings are lost
When you run a game with OpenAL support or using Creative ALchemy, the Equalizer settings are lost.
Just run Equalizer and the saved setting is loaded automatically.
Windows MIDI Device Configuration Utility
Use this utility to change the MIDI playback device for 32-bit and 64-bit applications.
(*) Purchase and activation required, more info at http://buy.soundblaster.com