After what seems like a decade, Creative finally release the DDL pack for Audigy series. What’s more interesting, they claim it will work in 64bit applications. This seems laughable to me. I’ve already discovered the ASIO isn’t working properly with 2.18.0010 drivers -so how is this possible?
You can download the files from here.
EDIT: The DDL pack does indeed work on Windows 7 x64. It takes a little extra effort, and bugs out -but it works! (Check the comments for install method).
EDIT 2: cineq has found the reason why Audigy 4 users cannot install. Audigy 4 users -check out this thread to find out how to install your DDL pack without errors.
EDIT 3: DDL pack works only with drivers 2.18.0010 (Yes that includes the daniel_k versions too)
Now specially designed for SB Audigy owners, you can experience high-quality surround sound from your PC through your home theater with Dolby Digital Live. It encodes your PC’s multi-channel audio into a Dolby Digital bitstream and outputs it from your soundcard’s digital out (S/PDIF), via a single digital cable into your Dolby Digital-equipped home theater system.
Price: US $4.72
File Size: 9.39 MB
Dolby Digital Live enables you to enjoy audio from your PC or game console through your home theater. It encodes (in real-time) the PC’s multi-channel audio into a Dolby Digital bitstream and outputs it from the soundcard’s digital out (S/PDIF), via a single digital cable into home theater receiver system. Stereo content (MP3, WMA, CD audio or games) that is transformed into 5.1 surround sound using Creative CMSS-3D can also benefit from this encoding scheme that will further enhance the entertainment value of your Sound Blaster Audigy. With Dolby Digital Live, the confusion of multiple cables will be eliminated and the integrity of the audio signal will be kept pristine.
The real-time interactive capability of Dolby Digital Live is ideally suited to PCs and video game consoles because it reproduces audio cues and effects that follow the on-screen action, transforming gameplay into an exciting and realistic entertainment experience.
Systems using Dolby Digital Live technology can provide Dolby Digital (5.1-channel surround sound) during gameplay, immersing players in high-quality surround sound that puts them at the center of the action. Gamers hear every window shatter, feel every explosion, and experience every wipeout.
Brazilian-Portuguese, Chinese-Simplified, Chinese-Traditional, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
- Minimum System Requirements:
- Microsoft® Windows Vista® with Service Pack 1 (32-bit or 64-bit) or Windows® XP Service Pack 2 (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Intel® Pentium® 4, AMD Athlon™ 64 or equivalent processor, 1.6 GHz or faster
- One of the following Sound Blaster Audigy audio devices (equipped with Digital out):
- Sound Blaster Audigy including Platinum and Platinum eX series.
- Sound Blaster Audigy 2 including Platinum, Platinum eX and Value series.
- Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS including Platinum and Platinum Pro series.
- Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook PCMCIA.
- Sound Blaster Audigy 4 and Audigy 4 Pro.
- Dolby Digital-equipped home theater system.
- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy series Driver 2.18.0010 or later versions.
- Choose your product and download its driver and software application according to the instructions on http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/
- Internet Connection
- for software purchase and activation.
- Minimum System Requirements:
NOTE:- There are known compatibility issues with XFX 790i Ultra Motherboard (Nvidia nForce 790i Ultra SLI chipset) with NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2 or GTX 280 graphic cards in SLI mode where you may experience audio distortion when using Dolby Digital Live. There is no distortion when SLI mode is disabled. Asus Rampage 2 Extreme (Intel X58 Express chipset) with NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2 or GTX 280 graphic cards in SLI mode, or ATI 4870 X2 CrossFire mode was tested to be working fine when using Dolby Digital Live.