I’ve just obtained a Creative Beta Driver. The driver was obviously intended for X-Fi users, but now we’ve accidently intercepted it. It would be a shame not to make an installer, tweak stuff and serve the Audigy owners!
Version 3 will offer several improved features and even address bug issues!
For systems using Windows Vista
* Dolby® Digital and DTS® driver decode re-established for sound cards that included decoding in their Windows XP drivers (Not applicable for products that included a 3rd party software DVD player license in the package).
* DVD-Audio playback re-established for sound cards that included the application in their Windows XP software suite (For Windows Vista 32-bit only).
Requires the latest Creative MediaSource DVD-Audio Player Beta software. Click here to download.
* Resolves issues of intermittent and random application/system crash when playing games or running applications that use EAX®, DirectSound®, OpenAL and/or ASIO features.
* Resolves issue of volume mapping leading to very soft volume level in systems using Windows Vista with Service Pack 1.
* Resolves issue with distortion and noise occuring in systems with 4 GB of RAM or greater.
* X-Fi CMSS®-3D feature is not available in Windows Vista 64-bit.
Expect Links this afternoon sometime…..